4" White Sage Smudge Sticks
How to sage your house to clear negative energy.
1. Gather your tools and have an exit strategy. First and foremost, ensure you have all the tools needed and that you've opened a door or window before lighting up. After all, that negativity (not to mention smoke) needs to have a pathway to get out.
2. Set your intention and say a mantra. Intentions are central to the practice of smudging, so take a moment before you light the sage to determine what exactly it is that you're trying to purify or release from your space. Then, decide on a mantra or prayer to repeat while saging that encapsulates this intention. It can be something you come up with on your own, or for a little guidance, Giselle Wasfie, doctor of Chinese medicine and founder of REMIX Acupuncture & Integrative Health, suggests, "I let go and release what no longer serves me."
3. Light up. Once you're ready, hold the sage at a 45-degree angle, light it using your match or candle, and let it burn for about 20 seconds. After that, gently blow out the flame so you see orange embers on one end. The smoke should now billow up.
4. Slowly walk around your space. Slowly walk around your space and allow the smoke to waft around. Guide the smoke—and the bad energy—toward the open windows or a door, so it can escape. "Give special attention to areas in front of mirrors, in corners, and in spaces like foyers, hallways, and doorways," Wasfie recommends. "I'm also a big fan of saging technology like our phones or laptops. I usually hold the sage wand underneath them and then wave it around them."
5. Be safe! Sage burning 101: Always stay present! If you see little embers fall on the ground, tamp them out immediately. Never let the burning sage stay unattended for any reason. Also, take care not to inhale too much of the smoke. "Although saging is a great way to clear your apartment or office of stagnant and possibly negative energy, it is best not to inhale it directly," says licensed acupuncturist and certified herbalist Irina Logman, L.Ac., MSTOM. "Lungs are a delicate organ, and any type of smoke can be drying and irritating to the throat"
6. Extinguish your sage. Once you're ready to extinguish a sage smudge stick, press the burning tip firmly into your fireproof vessel, dirt, or sand until the smoke no longer rises. Pro tip: Don't get it wet! "Don't use water to extinguish the hot embers—it will ruin the tip of the stick and make it harder to light next time. When you are done using the smudge stick, you can keep it in a vessel until you are ready to use it again," says McCann. To sage your Body follow the same steps as above.
1 x Sage Sticks are 4" and grown and sourced ethically
Tools needed to smudge
1 x abalone shell
1 x Quill Feather
Lighter or Candle
Sage or Palo Santo (holy wood)
We Ship World Wide on all orders.
We will always send an order out for delivery within 2 Business Days, of placing your order and payment received.
All orders are sent with a tracking number which you will be sent once your order has been confirmed. We take pride in a quick and easy delivery method. All orders are now shipped through Express Post, which makes it a safer and quicker process for you.
Due to COVID_19 depending on your state of residence it could take a little longer in receiving your order due to Limited Flights and the demand placed on Australia post.
We appreciate you patience during these difficult times.
International Orders will follow the same practices as Domestic Orders but due to the Current Global Pandemic expect delays, due to Limited Flights and a slower delivery of these orders.
Stay Well & thank you for all your support
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh